Internet of Things (IOT) using Raspberry Pi
Internet of Things or IoT in short, is the idea of making devices and objects smarter by linking them to the internet. This workshop introduces you to the amazing world of IoT and its fascinating applications. Using a Raspberry Pi computer and a DHT sensor, you will develop an electronic device that streams temperature and humidity data over the internet. You can program the system in such a way that say whenever the temperature exceeds a certain limit, the device will automatically send an email notification!
- What “the Internet of Things” means and how it relates to Cloud computing concepts
- How open platforms allow you to store your sensor data in the Cloud
- The basic usage of the RaspberryPi enviornment for creating your own embedded projects at
- How to connect your RaspberryPi with your Android phone.
- How to send data to the Internet and talk to the Cloud.
- How to update sensor readings on Twitter (Social Networking Sites).
- Control a Relay Switch from anywhere across the world using IoT Platform from your Phone.
PROJECT TO BE COVERED
- LED Program with Raspberry Pi
- Controlling LED with a Switch using Raspberry Pi.
- Integrating IR Sensor with Raspberry Pi.
- Integrating Temperature & Humidity Sensor with Raspberry Pi read Current Enviornment
- Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
- Control Devices using Localhost Web Server for Home Automation.
- Send Sensor Data on Cloud Server.
- Automatically Tweet Sensor Data on Twitter.
- Control Electronic Devices from anywhere across the world using Internet & Mobile App
IOT ARDUINO TRAINING KIT
- Raspberry Pi B+ model
- DHT Sensor
- Connecting wires
- Micro USB cable*
- micro SD memory card and SD memory card adapter
*All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in Groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end of Training
- Certificate of Participation in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Certificate of merit in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Certificate of Coordination in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Lectures 55
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12-14 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 2740
- Assessments Yes
Introduction to the Internet of Things
Understanding and Introduction to RPi
OS Installation on SD Card
Pi using SSH
Project 1: LED Program with Raspberry Pi
Project 2: Controlling LED with a Switch using Raspberry Pi.
Project 3: Integrating IR Sensor with Raspberry Pi.
Project 4: Integrating Temperature & Humidity Sensor with Raspberry Pi read Current Enviornment Values.
Project 5: Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.\
Project 6: Control Devices using Localhost Web Server for Home Automation.
Project 7: Send Sensor Data on Cloud Server.
Project 8: Automatically Tweet Sensor Data on Twitter.