Internet of Things Using Arduino (IOT)
Internet of Things or IOT in short, is the idea of making devices and objects smarter by linking them to the internet. This workshop introduces you to the amazing world of IOT and its fascinating applications. Using Arduino development kit, you will develop an electronic device that streams temperature and humidity data over the internet. You can program the system in such a way that say whenever the temperature exceeds a certain limit, the device will automatically send an email notification!
- Learn the basics of Internet of Things and its applications.
- What “the Internet of Things” means and how it relates to Cloud computing concepts.
- How open platforms allow you to store your sensor data in the Cloud.
- The basic usage of the Arduino environment for creating your own embedded projects at low cost.
- How to connect your Arduino with your Android phone.
- How to send data to the Internet and talk to the Cloud.
- How to update sensor readings on Twitter (Social Networking Sites).
- Control a Relay Switch by texting from your Phone.
PROJECT TO BE COVERED
- Simple LED Program for Arduino.
- Integrating Sensors & Reading Environmental Physical Values.
- Home Automation using Android Smartphone.
- Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
- Tweet Sensor Reading through your phone on Twitter.
- Sending Arduino Data to your Cloud Application.
- Use Arduino to Upload free data from Environmental Sensors.
IOT ARDUINO TRAINING KIT
- Node MCU Board (Inbuilt Wifi Module)
- USB Cable
- Breadboard (Regular)
- Assorted Jumper Wires (20)
- DHT 11
- Relay 5V
- Assorted LEDs (10)
- More Etc.
*Each Team of 5 member will get a IoT Arduino Kit (Only For Training)
- Certificate of Participation in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Certificate of merit in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Certificate of Coordination in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Lectures 32
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12-14 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 2740
- Assessments Yes
Introduction to the Internet of Things
The Arduino Platform
Project 1:Simple LED Program for Arduino
Project 2: Integrating Sensors & Reading Environmental Physical Values.
Project 3: Home Automation using Android Smartphone
Project 4: Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
Project 5: Tweet Sensor Reading through your phone on Twitter.
WORKSHOP ON INTERNET OF THINGS
Introduction to Interrupts
Project 6: Sending Arduino Data to your Cloud Application.