Solar & Smart Energy
Learn and Build a project on Solar and Smart Energy using Embedded System in this course. This includes practical exposure to solar energy production along with the real-life application of charging a battery. Students also learn the concepts of Smart energy and other industry trends like green energy, smart building, smart grid and energy harvesting technologies. In today’s time its a need to switch to renewable energy sources to save our climate, save non-renewable energy, reduce pollution, money saving etc. In this workshop students will learn about the benefits of renewable sources like Solar Energy with practical exposure on how to use solar energy and covert it to smart energy with some real time projects.
- Learn the basics of Internet of Things and its applications.
- What “the Internet of Things” means and how it relates to Cloud computing concepts.
- How open platforms allow you to store your sensor data in the Cloud.
- The basic usage of the Arduino environment for creating your own embedded projects at low cost.
- How to connect your Arduino with your Android phone.
- How to send data to the Internet and talk to the Cloud.
- How to update sensor readings on Twitter (Social Networking Sites).
- Control a Relay Switch by texting from your Phone.
PROJECT TO BE COVERED
- Project 1: Traffic Light System
- Project 2: Smart Street Light System
- Project 3: Smart Car Parking System
- Project 4: LCD Integration & Message Printing on LCD
- Project 5: Testing smart energy project
- Project 6: Smart Traffic Control System
- Project 7: Solar powered Led Street Light With Auto Intensity Control
- Project 8: Design of Simple solar Charger Circuit for Mobile.
- Project 9: Sun Tracking Solar Panel
SOLAR & SMART ENERGY TRAINING KIT
*Each Team of 5 member will get a Solar & Smart Energy Kit (Only For Training)
- Certificate of Participation in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Certificate of merit in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Certificate of Coordination in Association with NSS IIT Roorkee.
- Lectures 40
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12-14 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 2740
- Assessments Yes
Introduction Solar & Smart Energy
- What is Solar Energy:
- Solar Energy need and Application
- Solar Thermal, Solar Electricity
- What are Smart Energy System ?
- Other Renewable Energy Technologies
- Appropriate Technology for the Developing World
- Economics of Renewable Energy
- How photovoltaic cells work
- Solar cell efficiency
- Factors affecting cell performance
- Solar panel specifications
- Photovoltaic System Components
- Testing Solar Panel
- Harnessing Solar Energy for powering home appliances
- Basics of Electricity
- Power equations
- Basic electricity. Relationship of Watts, Volts and Amps.
- Ohm’s Law
- Electrical circuits
- How batteries work
- How digital sensor works
- Detect an object with your digital sensor
- How to detect traffic density
Introduction to Arduino
Arduino Programming Basics
Installation for Arduino Software.
Graphical Programming Basics
Exercise 1: Simple Led Program
Project 1: Traffic Light System
Project 2: Smart Street Light System
Connection and Assembling
Project 3: Smart Car Parking System
Project 4: LCD Integration & Message Printing on LCD
Project 5: Testing smart energy project
Project 6: Smart Traffic Control System
Project 7: Solar powered Led Street Light With Auto Intensity Control
Project 8: Design of Simple solar Charger Circuit for Mobile.